"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

5.30.2009

Sometimes it takes me awhile to see

Yesterday I posted two new paintings. I have been dealing with some junk in my trunk these past few days. I painted the first one yesterday morning, and titled it "Swirling Emotions" for that has been my inner world lately. Then I painted the second, I was not purposeful in the scripture I used. I just opened my journal and chose one.

Now this is the part I love. In my quiet time this morning I was talking it over with God. I admitted I needed to address my emotions, some anger about a situation. A phrase popped into my head - Deal to Heal - yes Lord, I have to deal with this to heal. Not stuff it deep down and pretend. Then He brought me back to the paintings. Swirling emotions, that is what I am feeling, and the second one, especially the phrase, "He'll place everything (in time) in it's proper place - everything false he'll put out with the trash." Okay Lord, time to deal to heal again!!!!

I just love how God talks to me through my journal pages, my paintings - but God does that, he uses everything the good and the hard stuff, to change, mold us into the true self he has planned for us.

May our eyes and ears and hearts be open to our gracious God, for he loves us with an everlasting, faithful, immense love.

Blessings,
Mary

4 comments:

Teri Leigh said...

What a great saying, deal to heal. I may have to journal about that right along with you. God speaks to me through my journal pages too. I love that He does that.

Unknown said...

Mary you know it's so hard to break a pattern of stuffing things down and pretend everything is just fine... It's easier than feeling the pain *again* when it raises it's ugly head once again. I only wish I could make it better, but we both know it's God that is doing that!
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ...Phil.1:6..I love you sweet sister...
ME!!!

Brandi said...

as always .. LOVE your words!

laurel said...

Interesting. I hadn't thought of using an art journal for conversations with God. I may just have to try that.