"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

2.25.2016

covering and revealing


Hey friends, I have been working on this journal spread for a few days now.  The second photo begins the progression. With each stage there were things I really liked and things I knew I wanted to change. I had moments of hesitation when I was working because I did now want to lose what I liked, but I also knew that if I did not go for it the spread would not express and reveal what I was feeling. So, I kept working. I wonder how often I keep myself from moving forward because of fearing what I may lose. Sometimes we have to give up the good for the better.  

this is where it stands for now...letting it sit for a bit before I work on it some more.

this is the very beginning I really liked the background on this and knew that as I worked on it I would be covering up some of what I liked.

I liked the drips, and kind of liked the smaller pink blobs, but was not too excited about them.

this was beginning to express my feelings. I had been thinking about how so much of how I receive things and people, how I react to words and actions are colored by my childhood, and how I need to let go of so much of that that still affects me as an adult.

As I kept looking at the spread I felt the need to add more...again the first image is how it stands now. I really like the black, it makes the color and the white pop more. I do know I want to add more to the spread, just not so sure what. So, for now it rests.


No comments: