"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

6.22.2015

a new class - a new journal


I am taking Juliana Coles's class Altered States. 

I waver between journal pages the have lots of blank space and ones that have more image and word.

What they both have in common is the layered background that I love.

Part of me wants to say, "stick with one." But I think it's okay to do both depending on how I am feeling in the moment, what I want the page to convey, and how the page itself is "speaking" to me. 

This is a small book measuring 5 by 7 1/2. It's an old novel and the pages and spine are pretty fragile. 

It fits the work I want to do in this book/journal.  




1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hi Mar....Sounds like an exciting journaling class you've signed up to take...These pages are deep and powerful. I can see so much change and healing in your work over the years....I'd love to see you and catch up...Love ya....