"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

7.17.2014

painting backgrounds

I love this writing by Henri Houwen. There is a balance between feeling and experiencing the pain in our lives and ignoring it altogether. We must feel and experience it to get to the other side of it.

Yesterday I sat in my studio, lovely music playing by Olafur Arnalds, have you heard him? His Living Rooms Songs, so soothing. So as my house was being packed up once again in preparation for another movie being filmed here I listened and painted backgrounds in my everyday journal. 






12 comments:

Linda Gibbons said...

These are gorgeous!

Emie58 said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing.

scrapwordsmom said...

Your backgrounds are amazing!! That is my favorite thing to do...just sit and listen to music and create backgrounds.

scrapwordsmom said...

Your backgrounds are amazing!! That is my favorite thing to do...just sit and listen to music and create backgrounds.

obat pelangsing alami said...

Nice post,, i'm very enjoyed to visit this site :D

Jennifer Richardson said...

I love your backgrounds!
I love that your house is being
filmed again....such an exciting
way to infuse the earth with your
love and living.
And I love how you do life, Mary.
Really you inspire me to my toes
....thank you!
-Jennifer

Kim Mailhot said...

Love this so much.
You inspire, Mary.
Love and light to you !

Obat Darah Tinggi said...

Nice Visit to see a nice post

Nancy said...

Hey Girlfriend....
Loving these pages. The colors are reflective of deep thinking going on and coming out the other side.....

Sarah Anderson said...

I needed to hear those words re the abyss this week, thank you

katooshie said...

Thank you for recommending Olafur Arnalds music. It's actually lovely to listen to while looking at your pages. You must paint while listening to this music because it seems to go together. I think you would love the music of Helen Jane Long, Brian Crain, George Winston, Greg Maloney, and Isaac Shepherd. Here's my playlist of those artists, which I usually listen to while I do art. Hope it brings you comfort and pleasure! :) Katooshie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfNhZwyQQEk&list=PLA7vLTJM3z-KydITEyU2koFa88FNP1SFU

Mary said...

thanks for all your sweet comments. Katooshie, thanks for the recommendations...i listened to a few, and they were lovely.