"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

3.26.2013

Love

Love never gives up
Love cares more for others than self
Love doesn't want what it does not have
Love doesn't strut
Doesn't have a swelled head
Doesn't force itself on others
Isn't always "me first"
Doesn't fly off the handle
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others
Doesn't revel when others grovel
Takes pleasure in the following of truth
Puts up with anything
Trusts God always
Always looks for the best
Never looks back
But keeps going to the end

1 Corinthians 13 4-7

Sunday our pastor said, "until you see you can't love, you can't love"...

The kind of love that is spoken about in Corinthians, real selfless love doesn't happen on a human level...only God can love like that...does love like that.

I know I do not, cannot love this way in my natural being...only through God can I ever begin to love well.

Our pastor ask us to think about how we want to be loved...then to love others like that.

I don't think I have ever really put the answer to that question in words. I have an impression, a feeling...so I am going to ponder this some to get a clearer answer. I am thinking it will help me be more intentional in my actions.

" You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself." (ESV)




4 comments:

Unknown said...

At a very early age I didn't feel a true love from mom or dad! Being in a disfunctional family leaves most of us wondering why things didn't seem right as we entered into new relationships. For me, my young loves were always confusing, and frustrating until I realized I wasn't believing in God's word! It finally hit me that God was in control, not me. Having faith that all would be ok if I just left it all up to HIM. You have played a major part in my growth really...this blog has been a real blessing to me...and I thank you for sharing your heart with me and those who need it. I love you sis..(((hugs))) <3

Martha Lever said...

Great post, Mar. I LOVE this page spread with the bird. I like what your pastor said about love. So true!!
Have a wonderful Easter, Mar!!!
ox

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Oh I need to work on that "never looks back part"... but better than I used to be though.

Your journals are beautiful and I'm enjoying seeing you glow through your life right now Mary!

Love you!
Lee Ann

Jennifer Richardson said...

i get so inspired by this, Mary;
i want to love like i want to be loved
and i know it comes only
through that river that flows
out of our bellies
when we're connected to the vine.
oh how you stir my heart
with your words and images.
thank you,
Jennifer