"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

3.28.2013

keep dreaming

I suppose there is a time to put certain dreams to bed. When you realize God may have a different dream for you, a bigger dream...ours are too small sometimes. Or he may want to move us in directions we never would have dreamed for ourselves.

If you told me six years ago I would have been painting, leading visual journaling workshops, desiring to create a safe place for women to gather and begin to connect with their hearts on a deeper level I would have said no way!

Sometimes dreams take time to be realized. Sometimes we need growth, change and maturing in ourselves before we are ready.

Waiting...gestating...growing all the parts needed to live the dream.

I keep telling myself, in His time. To move forward, to birth it too soon is not for my good or the dreams good.

Sometimes, well, most times waiting is hard...but there are things to be done in the waiting. Preparations to be made, growing to be done.

Active, expectant waiting!









11 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Brilliant post my friend, dream on! Love the journal spreads too. A safe place to dream, now that's a dream worth having :-)

Nancy said...

A post from the heart; I love them and you are one person I can always count on to deliver....

Your words are so important that I want to keep them and ponder because so often my dreams can become faint....

Love you sweet lady....

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for posting...I felt God just spoke to me through each line..reminding me He isn't finished yet...thanks for this precious hug of encouragement today

laurel said...

Awesome message! It is hard sometimes to have a dream and to be patient with it. Beautiful page to go with it. Hugs!!

S. Etole said...

Excellent reminder that for everything there is a time.

Elizabeth Chapman said...

As I read your post it made me think of a plaque that I have sitting on my desk with Psalm 37:14. Dream on!

Elizabeth Chapman said...

whoops..that was Psalm 37:4!

Tracy said...

I am so in that place at the moment! Waiting and dreaming...

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh how i love your dream:)
and you know how only God-dreams
pull you true north?
well I sense you're ripe and ready,
pointing true north,
and when all the ingredients are
room temperature,
the recipe will be beautiful
in it's effortlessness:)
waiting does something to our spirits
that makes us so strong on impact
that we're relieved we had to wait so long, once the waiting is done.
big love to you in your patience,
Jennifer

Amy said...

A lovely dream. I am looking forward to seeing it take form.

Hindsfeet said...

so sweet, Mary...what you wrote reminded me of a Garrison Keillor quote I love....I found it for you here...

"Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known."

-Garrison Keillor

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/garrison_keillor.html#G7LwjVp1BFf04HYV.99