"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

6.11.2012

okay, this is not the way

to get your lips plumped! I took Aleve yesterday morning, I have taken it before, many times. But this time I developed hives and my lips swelled.

So after another trip to the emergency clinic, a steroid shot and prescriptions I was on my way...woke at 2:30 am. with more hives...took more Benadryl and had prescription for prednisone filled. It's working.

As I have aged, my fill lips have thinned a bit, have often wondered what they would looked liked plumped...not!!

As Randall says, "oh that's nasty"

Oh how I want to be in my home again!



14 comments:

espenavarro said...

Belleza y salud, ese es el dilema de los médicos!
Cuidate mucho
Besos

Martha Lever said...

Oh Mary, this has happened to me too! It is a terrible thing. I am having empathy pains for you right now!

jgr said...

Oh, I'm sorry this happened, I'm sending you healing thoughts and good energy.

Susan said...

You poor thing! Must be so uncomfortable! So sorry!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

You poor thing! Hope you feel completely better very soon.

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Oh my, girlfriend! That's quite a set of lips you're sportin' there! Hope the meds kick in soon and you're back to your beautiful, THINNER lips! ♥

Tracy said...

OH NO!!!! You poor thing....

Kim Mailhot said...

Poor thing ! I hope this is the end of your trials for a good long while.
Love and light to you, Hot Lips ! ;-)

katie purcell said...

SO SAD ABOUT YOUR LIPS BUT THE PICTURE IS SOOOO FUNNY. I LOVE YOU, MARY.

YOUR OWN BED WHEN YOU DON'T FEEL GOOD IS A MUST....CAN'T YOU PLAY THE PART OF JUNE CARTER CASH AND GO HOME...YOU HAVE THE PUFFY HOLLYWOOD LIPS FOR THE PART!!!
XXOO

laurel said...

Yikes! Hope it all clears up soon. Sounds very unpleasant.

Mechelle said...

I hope you feel better soon!

I saw the casting call today about the movie on Fox 5.

Jennifer Richardson said...

I wonder if the stresses
of being away from home
and in temporary mode
contributed to your allergic reaction.
It's something I'm dealing with alot in my life...the root of allergies.
Stress seems to be the big undertow.
Peace to you, sweet Mary.
Peace and oodles of grace,
Jen

katie purcell said...

Wondering how that lip is doing?
Are you back home yet?

Unknown said...

Now those are some puffy lips! Hope they are back to normal by now!! Sorry I haven't been around much...wrists are still swollen..it's the arthritis...love you sis.