"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

7.11.2011

more journal pages



this took way too long

it began with yellow, terracotta, and cranberry drips

added three violet cut out hearts from old dried baby wipes (do you save yours)

screwed it up - royally 

pulled off the hearts and this is what was behind them

decided to work with them

sprayed bottle green...hated it

mixed gesso into the mix and got a pale green

sprayed and dripped "stream" a beautiful blue

threw on a few white paint splats

wrote a quote and then taped the same quote over it

added a few pieces of black masking tape

not totally pleased with it, but it's okay

looks more like my older journal pages, but I guess since
that is "my style" that is what comes out.

gonna keep playing

oh, i like to leave blank space on my pages

i like to come back to my pages again and again, sometimes

they say something different to me further along on my journey

6 comments:

Janet said...

I love it! You've achieved so much texture and the hearts really pop out from the background. The quote is great....everything just seems to go together. It may not be what you were trying for but I think it turned out just the way it was supposed to.

Valerie said...

I smiled as I read your description of your process. I never would've guessed it didn't go smoothly and would've thought it came out easily, just as you intended it. It reminds me of the cost of creative risk, and the rewards. Thanks for sharing. I love the contrast, warm/cool colors, and the layering of written and collaged text.

Unknown said...

Hey sis this looks great...isn't it the thrill of going thru the process and the end results makes us say, awwww it's ok!
love you sweetie...and everything you create ends up the way it's supposed to (((hugs)))

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I am always so inspired by your work. I had to play a little today, also, and that was after just seeing the first piece you did. The rest are wonderful, too. I always tend to stop working on a piece too soon. I am trying so hard to add more doodles, words and texture to kick up the design. I really liked the words written on the page with the strips over....adds so much interest to the page. Thanks for helping to get the juices flowing.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that I haven't visited for a while...however, one thing I can always count on is that I will be inspired by you, Mary. Thank you! Connie

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

This was fun and what a great looking page. Love that you kept at it, didn't give in or give up. Seems like that's the lesson life is throwing your way these days and out it came as you worked to create this page. How cool is that