"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

4.04.2011

Abiding Monday


I am reading 40 Days with Jesus, Celebrating His Presence by Sarah Young. 

 40 days before Easter. 

 The Lenten Season.

I read this today.  After my post on Friday this was a blessing.


"I am able to keep you from stumbling. I know how weak your are: how easily you would stumble if I were not holding on to you. I can also present you faultless before the Presence of My Glory. You are growing in grace, but complete freedom from sin will not be possible until you leave this fallen world. Nonetheless, because you truly trust Me as Savior I keep your from stumbling in the ultimate sense: I won't let you lose your salvation.


I am able to present you faultless - blameless, perfect, unblemished - before the Presence of My Glory because I have clothed you with garments of salvation and arrayed you in a robe of righteousness. I want you to wear this royal robe with confidence. You are absolutely secure because it is My righteousness that saves you - not yours.

Exceeding Joy is for both you and Me, I delight in you now, but this Joy will be astronomically magnified when you join Me in Glory. The Joy you will experience in heaven is so far beyond anything you have known on earth that it is indescribable. Nothing can rob you of this glorious inheritance which is imperishable and will not fade away.

Rejoice!"


Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forevermore. Amen  (Jude 24-25)

For Reflection: Isaiah 61:10; 1 Peter 1:3-4

Such amazing promises!  Rejoice indeed!  

13 comments:

Erin Butson said...

It can be so hard to have an eternal perspectice & remember that the joy/love/peace we have hear is nothign in comparison to what it will be. I need this reminder of eternity... daily!

Anonymous said...

I love reading her writing, too.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Blessings,
Tammy

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

This is just wonderful! Thanks for sharing.Robe of righteousness...

Unknown said...

How awesome knowing we wear the Rob of righteousness....our Abba's righteousness. JOY I feel now will be magnified when we reach Heaven...thanks for sharing this Mary, love you.

Martha Lever said...

Yes, such awesome promises for us! And who are we that He should be mindful of us...but He is. Have a great day, Mary!!

Jo Reimer said...

Yes! This fits so many issues we all have and the answer is always to draw closer to Jesus.

kelvin s.m. said...

...this is a wonderful read to have a moment of reflection... thanks for the inspirations.

God Bless.

-->>Kelvin

Buffy said...

This was so needed right now! Thank you for sharing!

Sweet Fuchsia said...

:0)

Jane Farr said...

My sister gave me this book, and I have been reading it too! :)

Amanda Trought said...

Definitely a word in season that we need to be reminded about. Thanks for sharing.
Stay blessed, Amanda

Jennifer Richardson said...

He IS able, isn't He!
I was reminded of that again and again this week
(and I needed it)
Your post played over my heartstrings
when I read it
and I reminded myself
to come back and soak awhile here.
So glad I did.
He is faithful
and will finish what He has started in us.
LOVE Him for that.
Love to you for this reminder
and just because you're beautiful you:)
-Jennifer

Just Be Real said...

Thank you for sharing. Encouraging. Blessings.