"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

1.30.2011

Forever changing it up




Yeah, I know I already showed you this room.  But hey, it's different...surprise right??? :)  I loved the quilts on the couches, but they are a pain in the butt to keep straight.  So I removed them and put colorful throws and pillows...and re-arranged the room a bit.  For those of you who do not know already I have another name.  Roommover!!  My husbands greatest fear is that he will go blind and trip over something.  What can I say, I like change!

Have a great day friends!!

13 comments:

Joji said...

I love to see the changes. I never tire of seeing your home....I love, love, love the throw...Did you make it. The colors are wonderful...I want one. :)

jgr said...

Beautiful and cozy- I liked it before and I like it again! You have a flair for decorating!

Denise said...

very lovely.

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

I'm right there with you on changing things up! I love your home, your use of colour among your antique treasures makes for the most interesting, warm and inviting of places.

Unknown said...

Such a lovely home Mary! So nice. I will get there one day in our travels to Georgia : )

Susan said...

Love the changes and the "tidiness" of this look! :-)

Pom Pom said...

I love big blue and white checks. Lovely!

Butterfly Works said...

Girlfriend, we do have alot of the same issues don't we....love to change things around.....I love the way you have it now and of course your colors are so warm and cozy.....I'm still on my way....don't know when I'll get there though,hahahahaha....keep the tea kettle on....

Love bunches....

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Your home is really sooooo beautiful, warm and welcoming Mary! As you know, I too live in a over 100 year old home, but mine needs so much work. It's really not ME yet and I've lived here 33 years! Yours is so YOU and I love it. I love the same bright colors you do. Do you want to come over and design and help me decorate? Oh how I wish!

Hugs,
Lee Ann

Jennifer Richardson said...

Oh I could just roll around in all of that
color!!!!! Beautiful comforting color:)
Your eye is a gift to us all!
Thanks for sharing the riches:)
-Jennifer

Nikki (Sarah) said...

the room looks so cosy and I love those colors ...

e.beck.artist said...

that is my kind of room ... bright and beautiful, artsy happy, cozy ... and i'm the same ...love to change it up ...

The Charm House said...

I can see the police saying that. LOL Your house in funky and inspiring! You know if I had an old house like yours, ours would probably look the same! Two peas in a pod!
Love you!
Yvette