"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

12.11.2010

Second Saturday of Advent



Advent reading

Psalm 80:1-18; Matthew 17:9-13


Repentance - that turn of heart and mind.

Turning from what?

Turning toward what or better yet, who?

Turning from our way of doing life, of striving, of trying to get our needs and desires met.

Of expecting others to fill the void in our hearts.

Of expecting others to meet our needs and desires.

Every other thing, every other person we turn to other than God will eventually let us down.

Turning from my way is better than your way Lord - I know what is best for me.

The truth is we don't really know what is best for us. We may think we are choosing wisely, but we do not have the big picture. 

If you believed there was a person who knew your heart down to it's deepest dark corners, and loved and accepted you as you are.

If you believed there was a person who wanted to restore and heal the broken places.

If you believed there was a person who desired to give you the desires of your heart (some you don't even know you have yet).

If this person knew what you were made for, your purpose for being.

If you believed this person was good, and only wanted your best, always.

Would you choose to turn to this person???

If you do not believe, would you like to believe it to be true??

Are you willing to be open to the possibility of it being true?

He is not holding out on us - He is willing to show us if we just ask.

He does not come where He is not welcome.

What better time to ask these questions, than the time we celebrate his birth.



O Holy One Who Comes, we turn again to you, and we open our hearts, we open our minds, we open our entire beings to your approach. We ask for strength and wisdom that we may now prepare the way. We ask that all may receive you in joy.  Now and forever. 

Amen 

(Prayer, Scott Cairns, God with Us)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Mary! I hope you know how much I have enjoyed each and every one of your posts.

lori vliegen said...

thank you for this post.....you always make me think......and remind me of what's truly important! happy weekend, dear artist!! xox

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

So beautiful of a written post Mary! I am so thankful that I learned finally, that only God could fill that void in my heart and not a human person. No human person is made to handle filling in what only God can do for us. Loving how you are sharing these special advent words with us.

Lots of Hugs and Love,
Lee Ann

Mechelle said...

Mary you won my blog giveaway! Sorry I could not find your email address. Congrats!!

Buffy said...

Mary I so enjoy reading these posts,especially this time of the year,when its so busy,they help me remind me what life is really truly about.

Jennifer Richardson said...

So deeply beautiful.
Yes, Lord.
I believe.
Help my unbelief,
would you?
-Jennifer

Jane Farr said...

Thank you, Mary, for reminding me that when I sense a void in my life, it is is in the shape of my LORD. He is the only one who can fill it. Blessings to you.