As you all know, Shortybear's (Denise) Lovebug (Eddie) has some serious health issues that started on December 23rd. Check her blog if you need more info, and also my post here.
Denise will fill you in on Eddie and her love for him and the Lord. If you haven't read her post from today, it's beautiful! What she won't tell you is about their great financial need right now. That's where I come in. She and Eddie have given me permission to share their need with you.
Denise has been there for all of us, the pray and encourage. Now we are blessed to be able to help them during this extremely difficult time.
Here's what's going on right now:
- Because of her own health issues, Denise is unable to work or drive. She has never collected disability because Eddie's income was always more than the maximum allowed by Social Security.
- Right now they have no income. Eddie is on short term disability until January 14, then he will be re-evaluated.That's only approximately $230. The doctors have already said he would not be able to go back to his previous job because they say he will not regain filling in his legs and left arm. So, more than likely they will declare him permanently disabled.
- Eddie can not drive a car in his present condition. So, his mother takes them to all of his physical therapy appointments, which are 5 days a week. Each appointment has a $25 co-pay - that's $125 a week.
- Eddie desires to work, but he will need to finish his physical rehab and then go on to vocational rehab.
- They have no money! They were able to pay their rent and utilities for the month, but they have nothing else left. They have a car payment of $343.75 due January 14th, after that, they will be late.
- Some have already sent me money and I've forwarded it on to them this week (a total of $200). Thank you so much!
- Denise Walden (Samaritan Women) and I will be hosting a blog that will contain a PayPal Donate Now button. When we have the bank account and paypal account open next week sometime, we will be able to say under all of our buttons, "To Donate Now click here" and it will take everyone right to the page.
- In the meantime, they need money NOW! If you can send a gift of any amount, contact me and I will give you their mailing address so you can send a financial gift of any size and/or card. Even $10 will make a difference.
- Think of creative ways to promote this on your blog. I'm asking our blog community to sustain them for several months until they get on their feet with various sources of income.
- Car payment for this month
- Rent for February
- Utilities for February
- Phone for this month
- $125 a week (minimum) for co-pay for Physical Therapy and doctor visits.
If any of you all live within an hour or two of Chattanooga, TN and can give her a hand, please let her know. When this happened, they were in the process of looking for a new church, so there's not the local support there for them like they need.
How to pray:
- Complete healing for Eddie. He's suffering from a cord compression.
- Denise's health. She's so focused on him, I'm afraid she's not taking proper care of herself.
- Emotional well being. They are pretty discouraged.
- Wisdom for the doctors
- Peace and acceptance of His will for their lives.