"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

6.19.2009

More

Good morning sweet friends. I have been thinking a lot about my life, how I live it, how I relate to others. How I seem to be becoming more "real" like the "Velveteen Rabbit". Do you all know that wonderful story?? Oh you must read it if you have not.

I have been a "Christian" for more years than I have not. But it has been the the last two years that I have been awakened to what that really means. It is not a list of rules, of dos and don't s.
It's not about looking like I have all the answers, that my life is wonderful and all together. I think those of us who believe in Jesus Christ, me included can be exclusive. To not be open heart-ed to those who are not "one of us". What a insult to our Lord, who came for the wounded. We are all broken - even if we do not see it.

What do we do with that, our wounded-ness, where do we go? We can try in our own strength to be a better person. I have tried, it does not work. How often do we try to change something in us only to discover that will-power does not work for the long haul?? God knows we cannot, that is why He came.

I look at all the "religions" of the world. They all, with the exception of one, have requirements that one has to accomplish to be accepted. Only one (and though it is considered a "religion" it is really a relationship, a way of life) does God show His love for us first, before we clean up our act, before we get "good" so to speak. We don't have to do anything to be loved and accepted. We are only asked to believe Him, and accept what He offers us. He offers us a beautiful gift. There are no strings attached!! Once we are His, He begins the process of changing our hearts. That's when our real journey begins. It is not an easy life, but it is a rich and rewarding life. If someone tells you to become a "Christian" and your life will be easy and all your problems will go away they are not being truthful. But if they tell you, you will discover total acceptance, love, peace, even joy they are being truthful. If it sounds to good to be true - pie in the sky - I am here to tell you it is the truth. You will still experience pain, heartache, hardships, all the stuff of life, but there will be a difference. We were made by God, for God. We were made to have a relationship with Him. We were made for more than this world has to offer.

Blessings,
Mary

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful. true. refreshing.

Art by Darla Kay said...

So beautifully written! Thanks!

Poetic Artist said...

Thank you so wonderful.
Katelen

Teri Leigh said...

Praise God that we don't have to be perfect to have a relationship with Him because we are all messed up whether we realize it or not.

Poetic Artist said...

Mary,
The piece I done in red,white and black. It is a very personal piece. I will tell you the white horse represents Hope. For in the bible the white horse is spoken about several times. Katelen

Martha Lever said...

Hi Mary,
On the journal that I posted today, I bound the pages with my RubiCoil.
Love that little machine.
Love your post today and I agree with every word. What a wonderful savior we have. I will film the special journal and post it tomorrow--or maybe Thursday. My special journal maker is moving and her Etsy shop is not back up until tomorrow so I wanted to wait until she had some more journals ready before I posted.

Roben-Marie said...

You are a blessing!

Roben-Marie said...

Hey!

I wanted to let you know about those stencil covers. You asked about them:

I used white and black spray paint, Color Wash inks from Adirondack (Plum, Stream and Butterscotch), white gesso for the circles and a Golden's Green Gold acrylic ink. I plan to buy more spray paint now that I know I want to use them.