"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

4.25.2009

Been Painting

My sister was here for a visit last week. It went by too fast. What fun we had painting together. I started a few paintings while she was here, but I was never satisfied with them. So I reworked, them, changed one almost completely, changed the colors, added to them. I love that about painting, if you don't like something about it, it is easily covered up and fixed.

I wish I was as easily changed sometimes. But God is continually working to make me, make us into the person He created us to be. I am using more and more color in my painting, in my home as well. I think I have found my trademark for my paintings. Blooming flowers. When a flower comes into full bloom it has fulfilled it's purpose. It also brings wonderful fragrance and beauty into the world. That is what I want to do
.
God's beauty, God's fragrance.

Blessings

5 comments:

Art From The heart said...

Love following your site.You brighten my day.
Amy Jo

Anonymous said...

that trademark is so cool! loving the paintings, too!

The Charm House said...

I love this post! Wonderful! I totally uderstand your concept on flowers... I too strive to carry God's beauty and fragrance everywhere I go! The bush is a snowball bush! There must have been 200 snowballs on it this year! It was in full bloom for my shower, so I was able to use the flowers in my arrangements. It worked out perfect with my pink jellybean arrangement. I have pictures of it under my shower post!
Love you,
Yvette

Unknown said...

Ahhh sis I love the changes in your paintings...you have a wonderful way of starting out with something that looks great, but after changing some they becomes awesome...I love the how you are introducing so much color in your art and your home! God is bringing you to full bloom!!

(((Hugs and kisses)))
your sister!

Mechelle said...

What a beautiful analogy.